Monday, September 19, 2011

Busy Weekend



This past weekend had been rather interesting.   Firstly, the weather took a dramatic change.  We had temperature in the 90s for a week and it plunged to the 60s overnight and was overcast.   We had what I would call a "sleepy/sleep-in" weather.  As the weather changes, the hibernation mode kicks in, like the bears getting ready to hunker down for the winter.  In my case, I want to cook or freeze food for the winter.  One of the things that I like most about summer is summer tomatoes.  I went to the farmers market and bought tons of tomatoes to make tomato-basil sauce.  This I would freeze and use them over the winter when tomatoes taste really blah.


The other thing that I did over the weekend was went to the Annual Susan Komen Race for the Cure at the Waterfront Park.  It was a great fundraising event for breast cancer survivors, breast cancer awareness and people that wants to be involved.  These ribbons represent the survivors of breast cancer. 

No comments: