Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Coffee Talk


Portland, Oregon, is the mecca for getting your java fix, in my opinion. There's at least one coffee shop in every block in the city, so you would never run out of coffee. These are a couple of my favorite places to hang-out - Peets Coffee and Tea and World Cup Coffee and Tea. They have the best tasting coffee and tea, friendly people and some very cool vibes going on in there. I love coming here to get my morning caffein fix, read the newspaper and chat with the regulars. Nothing pretentious, just hanging out, having a good time, and sometimes get some good laughs here and there.

5 comments:

Lye Hock said...

Looks like a cool joint! Wi-fi available for free too, I suppose?

Polly-Pocket said...

Yes, free wi-fi at World Cup, which is very cool and convenient. I bring my laptop in and do some work there sometimes. Unfortunately, no wi-fi at Peet's. I think its because it is such a popular neighborhood place, the establishment doesn't want people to hang-out whole day with just a cup of coffee. They like their high volume of customers turn-over.

Lye Hock said...

Hello! Knock2x! It's been 2 months already. No updates? Cheers !

Polly-Pocket said...

Hey, its winter and time to hibernate. Actually I have been pretty busy lately to do updates. Thanks for the reminder though. Will be more vigilant about keeping current :)

Lye Hock said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai & Happy Chinese New Year to you & your family! Have a good break this festive season.